A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU who have worked with us this year to bring health and hope to families around the world!!! You have encouraged us, supported us, translated for us, traveled, prayed, laughed and cried with us. And you’ve been every bit as excited as we are about the positive changes that Strong Harvest is bringing to communities in need. A lot has happened this year and we truly couldn’t have done it without you!
- 79 Peer Educators trained in Nicaragua and Mexico over the course of the year. They are now trained in Basic Nutrition and the Cultivation and Uses of Moringa. They’re sharing their knowledge and changing their communities!
- 12 Master Peer Educators trained in the U.S. who will, in turn, train Peer Educators all over the world.
- 3 additional countries received SHI moringa seeds and/or training materials: Haiti, El Salvador and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 1-year-old Benjamin in Nicaragua is brought back to vibrant health after a serious illness as his parents add moringa to his daily diet.
- 1 disease brought under control – Pastor Dolores in Leon, Nicaragua, is controlling her diabetes by eating a diet rich in fresh moringa leaves.
- 3 men – Santos, Ricardo and Francisco are cooking up huge pots of moringa soup every Sunday and selling steaming bowlfuls to earn money to finish the walls of their church in Leon, Nicaragua.
- 110 school children are eating moringa daily in their lunches – at the Luz y Vida school in Leon, the cooks are adding moringa to the kids’ daily lunches!
- 1 visionary woman – Carolina, living in the dump village of Cristo Rey, creates a plan to train pastors as moringa Peer Educators in her village to spread the good news of good nutrition throughout her entire community.
- 11 translators – our Global Translation Team is launched. SHI training materials are now available in English and Spanish. French, Swahili, Haitian Creole, Bemba (Zambia) and Jula (Burkina Faso) are all in the works.
- 1 group of dedicated volunteers – our Board of Directors, Volunteer Council & Action Team kept Strong Harvest on the move all year. We couldn’t have done it without their time, energy and dedication!
We are looking forward to deepening our relationships and growing our work in both Nicaragua and Mexico, as well as launching our Peer Educator Program in Tanzania later this year! Woohoo!! We hope you’ll continue to partner with us on this amazing journey!