- Improvement of Protein Energy Malnutrition by Nutritional Intervention with Moringa Oleifera among Anganwadi Children in Rural Area in Bangalore, India – 2014
- This study “surveyed protein, macro-, and micro-nutrients across 67 common garden samples of 12 Moringa taxa”: Leaf Protein and Mineral Concentrations across the “Miracle Tree” Genus Moringa – 2016
- Moringa: The herbal gold to combat malnutrition – 2011
- Sensory Evaluation of Locally-grown Fruit Purees and Inulin Fibre on Probiotic Yogurt in Mwanza, Tanzania and the Microbial Analysis of Probiotic Yogurt Fortified with Moringa oleifera – 2015
- Adoption of Moinga oleifera to combat under-nutrition viewed through the lens of the “diffusion of Innovations” theory – Melanie D. Thurber and Jed W. Fahey – 2009
- For more scientific studies on the nutritional value of moringa, go to the PUBMed (U.S. National Library of Medicines, National Institutes of Health) site.
Sustainable Home Water Filtration:
- Pure water in the home can be a reality for developing-world families using a moringa and sand filter. Final Report: Using Sand and Moringa Oleifera Protein for a Sustainable Water Filter – 2014
- ECHO Technical Note – Moringa Water Treatment – 2005
- Assessment of the Use of Moringa oleifera Seeds for Removal of Manganese Ions from Aqueous Systems – 2013
- Check out the PUBMed (U.S. Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health) site for access to more studies on the on the treatment of dirty water using moringa.
Cancer Treatment Possibilities:
- Results of this study suggest that “Moringa oleifera leaf extract could potentially be an ideal anticancer therapeutic candidate specific to cancer cells.” Soluble Extract from Moringa oleifera Leaves with a New Anticancer Activity – 2014.
- Moringa oleifera as an Anti-Cancer Agent against Breast and Colorectal Cancer Cell Lines – 2015
- Results of this study “support the potential of soluble extracts of M. oleifera [Moringa oleifera} leaf as orally administered therapeutics for the treatment of human liver and lung cancers.” A potential oral anticancer drug candidate, Moringa oleifera leaf extract, induces the apoptosis of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells – 2015
- Go to the PUBMed (U.S. Library of Medicines, Institutes for Health) site for more information on the emerging potential of moringa in the treatment of cancer.
HIV Treatment Possibilities:
- A recent study states that, “the combinational therapy of Moringa oleifera leaf powder and ART [antiretroviral therapy] agents represents an attractive prospect for the development of new products for managing HIV-1 infections.” The potential of Moringa oleifera Lam. to manage HIV-1 infections and its positive pharmaco-synergy with antiretroviral therapies – 2016
Control of Tropical Diseases:
- Learn how Moringa oleifera leaf extract may be used to control mosquitoes carrying Dengue and Yellow Fever, dangerous tropical diseases for which two-fifths of the world’s population is at risk. Oviposition-Stimulant and Ovicidal Activities of Moringa oleifera Lectin on Aedes aegypti – 2012.
- Quality characteristics and stability of Moringa oleifera seed oil of Indian origin – 2011
- Natural anitoxidants of the Jaffna variety of moringa Oleifera seed oil of Indian origin as compared to other vegetable oils – 2013
- Characteriztion of Moringa oleifera Seed Oil Variety Congo-Brazzaville – 2009
- A total characterisation of Moringa oleifera Malawi seed oil – 1998
- An overview of The Moringa Tree, ECHO Technical Notes, by Dr. Martin Price – published 1985, revised 2000, 2002, 2007.
- Industrial and Agricultural Potentials for Moringa – 2014
- Moringa leaf extract is shown to have a positive affect on the growth of arugula, a green leafy vegetable. The potential of Moringa oleifera extract as a biostimulant in enhancing the growth, biochemical and hormonal contents in rocket (Eruca vesicaria subsp sativa) plants [arugula] – 2013
- This study suggests that moringa has a negative impact on sorghum, rice, and maize. Influence of moringa oleifera leaf extracts on germination and early seedling development of major cereals – 2010.