Happy 1st Birthday Strong Harvest!!
THANK YOU, EVERYONE, for your support of the Strong Harvest mission and vision to link people to a better life through improved nutrition, clean drinking water and economic opportunities. ALL at the family level!
During this busy FIRST YEAR, Strong Harvest has:
- Attained our 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization status from the IRS and created the Strong Harvest organizational infrastructure . . . whew!
- Provided introductory moringa training for 4 locations in Nicaragua. Seeds have been distributed, trees are growing and people are beginning to add moringa to their diets.
- Planned the next step for our work in Nicaragua: intensive Peer Educator training to take place in January 2013.
- Created nutrition and moringa Peer Educator training curriculum.
- Created strategic partnerships with development workers around the world and with local U.S. organizations.
- Participated in intensive Tropical Agricultural Development trainings.
- Sent moringa seeds and/or training materials to co-op partners in India, Indonesia, Kenya and Mexico.
- Seen the first harvest of seed pods from moringa trees planted by our co-op partner in India!
- Engaged in discussions with Tanzanian leaders of the Church of God of TZ to begin SHI village moringa programs.
- Taught 100 Oregonian kids and their families about moringa at Mt. Scott Vacation Bible School . . . what a blast!
- Started to grow our Strong Roots supporter and volunteer network.
We’d say that a celebration is in order!
Happy Birthday Strong Harvest!!