Abundant life is attainable with moringa!
Moringa is a multi-faceted, multi-purpose tree that thrives in the tropics.
- is an excellent source of rich nutrition
- can create clean drinking water
- provides a multitude of products to be sold for family income
- plays a vital role in environmental sustainability
We believe that joining forces is the best way to create sustainable change, and below is a brief description of how Strong Harvest is helping to meet some of these UN goals through our Moringa Training Program.
Moringa helps meet UN Sustainable Development Goals #1, #5, #8, #10, #12 and #17: no poverty, gender equality, decent work and economic growth, reduced inequalities, responsible consumption and production, and partnerships for the goals.
Moringa improves livelihoods and promotes equality by:
- improving health, which allows people to spend less on medical care, and to be healthy enough to attend school or be employed
- providing a wide variety of easy-to-make moringa products to be sold for income
- providing economic opportunity for all people, including women and women’s collectives
- providing a route to local and global markets for developing-nation farmers
Moringa trees contribute to the economic health and vitality of families and entire communities.
Healthier families save money that would have been spent on clinics and medicines. In addition, when moringa gains value in a community, it naturally becomes a commodity that can be sold in the local market.
Communities and nations are strengthened through a healthier, better-educated populace, increased local and national economies, and healthier, more productive natural environments.
Now that’s abundant life!
Before learning about moringa, Yaya Coulibaly and his family struggled to live on less than $1 per day in Burkina Faso. Everything changed in 2015 when Yaya was trained at a Strong Harvest Moringa Peer Educator Training, learning all about moringa’s benefits, cultivation and uses. Since then, Yaya has worked hard to build a thriving licensed moringa business. He now has regular income, and a way to holistically care for his family and his community!
Moringa has improved many livelihoods! Here are several more success stories!
Join us in spreading the empowering news of moringa!
Rick and Jeri, and the Strong Harvest Team